I Love Dandelions

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tomatoes finally




















Top: Purple Cherokee, Fireball/Moira, Black Pear, Thai Pink Egg
Bottom: Mystery Yellow, White Currant, Mystery Cherry, Golden Honey, Isis Candy

I lost a couple of the tags for the ones bought for me down south, hence the Mystery status. Also the Moira and Fireball look a lot the same to me, so now that I've picked them I can't tell them apart.

I was starting to think that tomatoes were not going to happen for me this year, but finally in the last couple of weeks I've been harvesting. First, just the Golden Honey. And then a few Moira, and a few White Currants. Then finally the rest. Earlier this week, due to a risk of frost I pulled in every tomato that looked like it stood a chance of ripening, and they must like the indoors, because I have a pile of tomatoes now!! I will most certainly be making a fresh tomato and mozzarella salad this weekend!

The only ones that didn't work out for me were the Green Zebra (again). They seem to need too much time to ripen - not sure I'll bother with them next year.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home