I Love Dandelions

Friday, July 18, 2008

Snow peas - found!!

I planted a few snow peas this year, in my herb garden along the fence, and didn't see much action at first. Some of the more aggressive herbs kind of took over, and I didn't think they stood a chance. But a few weeks ago I noticed a few shoots made it though, and yesterday I ate my first snow pea!!




















Herb Garden:
Speaking of aggressive herbs, I need to move 2 monstrous plants were taking over: Lemon Balm and Oregano. I knew the oregano was a ticking time bomb, but I didn't read much about the Lemon Balm before planting it, and in one year it grew into a gigantic bush. I dug it up and moved it to it's own spot against the house. I will do the same with the oregano this weekend. The thyme and rosemary were completely strangling under it all, so hopefully this will give them some relief.

Veggie Garden: I now have an amazing cucumber trellis that my father-in-law built me!!






Perenial Bed #2:
And on a sad note, the perenial bed that I got looking so nice on the backside of the house was demo'd by 2 idiot dogs. I've installed a pretty ridiculous looking fence that should keep them out for now. I can't even post a picture, because I'm so aggravated, but the victims were my rhubard, one hosta, one balloon flower and one Icelandic poppy. I think they'll probably bounce back next year, but for now they look terrible. A snow ball was also chewed, but it sort of needed pruning anyway, so no harm, no foul.

1 comment(s):

I met a lady in the doctor's office who told me that she plants her cucumbers directly in her composter! Like, right in there. She says it's amazing and that her cucumbers are gigantic and perfect. Go figure...

By Blogger tara, at 6:45 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home